Voluntary Drivers needed
You will live within our catchment area and be able to give time helping our clients access their appointments
Active and reliable persons who possess a regularly maintained car, preferably with 4 doors, rear seat belts and an engine capacity above 1001cc. Potential drivers should possess a clean driving licence and be able to obtain written confirmation from their Insurance Company that their policy remains valid when participating in the scheme. There will be a DBS* check and we also require two independent references plus one from your doctor.
- Carry passengers on pre-booked journeys for either medical or social purposes
- Give a steadying arm where necessary and help clients between their front door and the car
- Fold manual wheelchairs or frames for transportation if required
- Assist passengers with a reasonable amount of shopping if requested
- Deal with clients in a courteous and friendly manner
- Drivers are paid a mileage rate for journeys made on our behalf (to cover their costs) and are required to keep accurate records of mileage and journeys to complete monthly claim forms (Details)
*The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body of the Home Office . The DBS enables organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially that involve children or vulnerable adults, and provides wider access to criminal record information through its disclosure service for England and Wales.
Application Form: Coming Soon